Excerpts: Frontier Corporation Def 14A.
- On February 27, 1998, Frontier acquired GlobalCenter Inc., a leading provider in digital distribution, Internet and data services headquartered in Sunnyvale, California. Frontier acquired all of the outstanding shares of GlobalCenter and issued 6.4 million shares to effect this merger. At the time of the merger, GlobalCenter had 1.1 million stock options and warrants outstanding as converted into Frontier equivalents.
- This transaction was accounted for using the pooling of interests method of accounting and, accordingly, historical information has been restated to include GlobalCenter.
- In August 1995, Frontier merged with ALC Communications Corporation. Frontier exchanged two shares of its common stock for each ALC common share. The total shares issued by Frontier to effect the merger were 69.2 million.
- In March 1995, Frontier acquired American Sharecom Inc. Frontier acquired all of the outstanding shares of American Sharecom for approximately 8.7 million shares of Frontier common stock. These transactions were accounted for as poolings of interests and, accordingly, historical information has been restated to include ALC and American Sharecom.
- In 1995, Frontier paid $318.4 million in cash for several acquisitions that were accounted for as purchases. These purchase acquisitions were Minnesota Southern Cellular Telephone Company, ConferTech International, Inc., WCT Communications, Inc., Enhanced Telemanagement, Schneider Communications, Inc. and Schneider Communications’ 80.8 percent interest in LinkUSA Corporation and Link-VTC, Inc.
- In February 1996, Frontier acquired the remaining 19.2 percent interest in LinkUSA Corporation for $2.3 million in cash, and in June 1996 made a payment of $4.3 million to Link-VTC, Inc. in settlement of the original earnout agreement.
Source: Frontier Corporation